Welcome to The Church Kid Blog!
We’re so excited to have you here! We hope this blog is helpful and encouraging to you.
We’re just a couple of church kids. Here’s some more info about us.
What’s a church kid? Am I a church kid?
The simplest definition of church kid is that they’re someone who comes from a Christian home and has grown up going to church. If you relate to some of the things below, you might be one too.
Top 10 signs you’re a church kid
- You’ve gone to church most of your life
- You’ve had people come up to you and say “I remember when you were a baby!”
- You’ve probably memorized nearly every song your church sings
- You get real shaken up when there’s a new one
- Your summer peaked during VBS and/or church camp
- You know what VBS stands for
- You go to a Bible study and/or youth group
- Your friends are probably also at that Bible study and/or youth group
- You met your friends at that Bible study and/or youth group
- You’ve known some of those friends since Sunday school
If you found yourself nodding to some or all of these things, you might be a church kid.
Well, the thing is, while there are many good things about being a church kid, there are also some challenges. (…)
Looking for a particular topic? Search here!
Didn’t find it? Do you have more questions?
We welcome questions! Ask them here.
I (Emily) remember I had questions, specifically about prayer. Do you have questions about that too? Do you find yourself wondering things like, “What am I supposed to say?”
Join our email list for a free booklet of possible prayer prompts to help get you started.
Thanks for reading! We hope you come again soon.